Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What a great weekend

WOW Did i scrap.......

I also ate too much laughed a lot and had an amazingly relaxing weekend.

Here are some pages that i scrapped.
This is the first Page i scrapped for the weekend

I love this pic of coby and i and im so pleased with the way that the page turned out.

I have found myself scrapping differently lately, earthy tones and simple pages that don't take away from the photos. Im loving these SEI Dill blossom papers

I love this shot i Got of Pip and the Dog next door through the back fence. I had a mini photo shoot with pip 3 days before we had her put down and im glad that i captured this shot as she always had her nose through the fence to see what the puppy next door was doing.


This Page of steel is so simple but it is exactly how i wanted it to look. Im loving the MM jack and ella collections at the moment. Im also in love with these collections owls so fun to cover.I actually scrapped this page the week before i left for the retreat, Baby Steel's album is coming along nicely.



I have had this idea to scrap this shot of coby using the love elsie papers for a while now but hadn't got around to it. It was a quick page to scrap but i love it.This is one of my fave pages for the weekend. I got a bit deep with the journaling which is why i think it has taken me so long to actually scrap this photo. Another Collections owl....love them...well i actually love covering chipboard and layering it at the moment. I purchased this ribbon on the weekend (green vine looking thing) and im so in love with it. I need more in different colours.

JOURNALING READS

"I'm not sure how much coby remembers about his grannie annie. He was only 2 when she passed away.He often talks about her and seems to remember her through the things that she has bought him. He also talk about her being a star in the sky especially when it is a clear night sky and the stars are out. He talks about how Pippa is keeping her lap warm up in the sky. Most of all coby remembers his granny annie when he puts on the scarf she made him. I remember this exact night when i went into cobys bedroom and there he was sound asleep with his scraf around his neck.It upsets me that Coby won't get to grow up knowing his grannie annie but it is great that her remembers her through there special items."


One thing that i realised over the weekend is that i need more ink pads, it is so much easier to ink chipboard than paint it i seriously didn't paint anything all weekend. Credits go to Vicky and Jody for letting me use their inks all weekend.

There are a few more pages that i scrapped but ill leave them for another time as they will be posted on the BUZZ AND BLOOM SITE SOON

Thanks for stopping by

:) christie

1 comment:

Ruey said...

Hi Babe, your layouts are just fabulous!!! Love them heaps. I've just ordered those collections owls...can't wait to play with them.

And lol about inking chipboard....definately much easier to ink than painting them for sure. Stampin up ink pads are fabulous for them. Not sure if you remember the 'grumpy?' layout I did for b&b...but it was all inked and the colours are just sooo fabulously brilliant. Another huge huge huge tip is that you can use stampin up markers to colour in chipboard...esp those with intricate designs etched in them. yah!!!!! *wink*